Background

Monday, March 19, 2012

Truvía® natural sweetener Product Review

I received this sample pack of Truvía through Influenster's Love VoxBox program 
What is Truvia?? 
Truvia® natural sweetener is a zero-calorie sweetener made with the best tasting part of the stevia plant. 
What is the stevia plant? 
Stevia is a plant (specifically, a member of the chrysanthemum family) native to portions of northeastern Paraguay. It has been used to sweeten foods and beverages for more than 200 years. 
(answers from Truvia.com)

So sweetness from a plant! 
Sweet!
I have tried Truvia before and like it, though I prefer to cook with it over the other uses like putting it drinks or on fruit. But just for this I thought I would give it another try in my hot tea. Have to say I still prefer regular sugar this way but I think over time I'll get used to that very slight twang at the end. 
I would really like to see this in restaurants right next to those aspartame filled packets for a healthy alternative. 
Have you tried Truvia? What's your take on it?   

From Truvia:
Truvia® natural sweetener is refreshingly uncomplicated. Sprinkle it on your grapefruit. Spoon it in your coffee. It won't end up on your conscience or your thighs.
One packet of Truvia® natural sweetener provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar.
Truvia® natural sweetener is a great alternative for people with diabetes. It is also kosher certified.

No comments: