Background

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Many Uses of Ivory

I can remember way back when Ivory soap was the only soap we used in our house. Just the smell of it brings me back to my youth and my favorite time of day BATH TIME!!! I would fill the tub to the max and move from the front of the tub to the back then to the front again over and over until I made waves that would flood the bathroom floor and make my parents soooo mad! HA HA! I loved it! 

I had been meaning to buy some since I saw a science experiment on Pinterest using Ivory soap to make a cloud. So I was really happy to see this bar in my Mom VoxBox! I was ready to start just as soon as I pulled it out of the box

Into the microwave it went


Wait about 1 1/2 min


Fluffy!


Done! It only looses a little bit of it's fluffiness as the cool air hits it but not much. 


Then you get one happy kid!


Now on to the second part of the experiments! 

I have joined this Crunchy group and have started to really become a little crisper myself. Well they have a weekly "make it" challenge. One of there challenges was to make your own laundry soap. I wasn't sure I was going to try this one because I love the soap I currently use but I didn't want to waste a perfectly good cloud of soap soooo I got the other supplies together
It's just three ingredients:
 Ivory soap 10pk - $2.99
20 mule team borax 76oz - $4.99
Arm and Hammer super washing soda 55oz - $3.99


1 bar of shaved bar soap (Ivory, ZOTE, Fels-Naptha)
1 cup of borax
1 cup of washing soda
Each batch makes 32 oz. which is between 32-64 loads depending on how much you use (1tbsp for regular loads and up to 3 for heavily soiled loads)


I did this X 5 and still had extra borax for next time! (Making 320 regular loads!!!)
and at 0.03 per load I'm not going back!!!!



I received this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster and Ivory as a participant in the Mom VoxBox campaign

No comments: