Background

Friday, November 4, 2011

Proactiv Review


I was so excited to find the Proactiv 3 step system was one of the "samples" to show up at my door through the Influenster's VoxBox program! I have seen all the commercials and read all about it but was still hesitant to fork over $20 to find out it wasn't right for my skin type. much less find out that it works great and have to pay $40 a month!! But they have now dropped there price to $19.95 soooo much better!
If you haven't read up on this system it's made up of 3 steps (I got this from the Proactiv Website)
  • Renew

    This medicated Renewing Cleanser is made with new, exclusive micro-crystal benzoyl peroxide — featuring smaller, finer particles designed to quickly penetrate pores to start killing acne-causing bacteria on contact. Tiny exfoliating beads gently remove dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells to help keep pores from clogging.
  • Revitalize

    This refreshing, alcohol-free toner helps remove impurities and excess oil so your skin looks and feels clean, soft and refreshed -- not tight and dried out. Soothing botanical agents gently balance your skin tone.
  • Repair

    The repairing treatment is a feather-light medicated lotion that gets deep into clogged pores faster but is designed to be gentler on the skin. It's an oil-free formula that's safe for your entire face.




Now I have never been one to have an actual face routine other than face wash in the shower and moisturizer as soon as I get out. Does that really count??? But this pretty much requires a twice daily routine. I say almost because you can back off a little if your skin is too sensitive. Anyway  Like most I have been battling "popup" pimples and blackheads around my chin for years. So I gave it a try this morning and I have to say my skin feels nice. 
Step 1 Renewing cleanser : The fact that this is oil free is a huge plus for me it gently scrubs your face leaving it feeling super smooth 
Step 2 Revitalizing Toner : Now I have tried toners before and they just weren't for me they left my skin feeling tight and tough. While this did the same the next step fixed that
Step 3 Repairing treatment : I was surprised to find this one to be very light almost like I didn't put anything on at all. Except that this step left my skin feeling super soft fixing the tightness from the toner. 
The only thing that I would try to change about this product so far is the smell. Now when you first put it on it smells "Spa'ish" but the longer I smell it the more nauseated I get. Almost makes me want to wash it off. Maybe I'll get used to it?? Hopefully.... If not oh well I'm going to have to suck it up and love my soft beautiful skin.
If you would like to order you can go to Proactiv.com or just call 888-819-2019

 I'll update in 2 weeks with before and after pics 

1 comment:

Angie's Angle said...

I bet you'll get use to the smell. You are going to love this stuff. I used it quite a few years back and loved it, but just didn't want to buy it myself after I used up what I had. lol Am excited to see your update on this!