Background

Monday, November 19, 2012

Benjamin Moore Aura Paint review


I was given the opportunity to try out Benjamin Moore's new Aura interior paint through BzzAgent
I was very excited to try out a new paint because A: it's very expensive to test out paints and find out that you don't like them (previous experience) and B: I get to paint!!! 

From the company: 
 See color like you've never seen it before - discernibly truer, richer hues that bring a new dimension of beauty to your home. Experience premium performance in Aura paint, which boasts incredible hide, and fade and color rub-off resistance.

When nothing less than the best will do, select Benjamin Moore Aura interior paint. Aura is washable in any sheen, so you can use the sheen of your choice in any room. With its superior hide properties, Aura interior paint never needs more than one coat in even the deepest colors.
FEATURES:
  • Paint and Primer Together
  • Extreme hide, never more than one coat in any color
  • Low VOC/low odor so you can return to using your room more quickly
  • Provides a mildew resistant coating
  • Color Lock® Technology, no color rub-off
  • Stains wash off easily
  • Excellent touch up
  • Self priming
  • Easy application
  • Long lasting fresh look appearance
  • Easy clean up

Before my kitchen (and pretty much my whole house) was very plain. I have all off white walls. I try to accessorize but honestly it wasn't quite enough. It took me a long time to come up with the right color for us. I I was very afraid of picking the wrong color and being stuck with it for years. I didn't want something too dark because I like for the house to look very open. I also didn't want to go over the top with the color in brightness for fear that it would be too much. 

These were the final colors that it came down to. I know there kinda safe colors but I honestly wasn't too sure about these either. We settled on the dill pickle. 

Now it was time to tape everything off!

And up went the paint. It went on very smooth and evenly. I have used other cheaper paints in the past that don't even come close to the ease that Aura went on. It was wonderful! I only used a small hand paintbrush to paint with the entire time. It took one overall coat and a few touch ups after it dried. My total time for painting was about 3 hours. It probably would have been quicker with a roller but I enjoyed using the paintbrush. Now with using a paintbrush with other brands I have experienced that the paint would have horrible brush strokes. With Benjamin Moore Aura I didn't have not one brush stroke! And even with painting as much as I did I only used 1/3 of the can!!! so even though the paint is $64 a gallon it only really cost me just over $21 in paint for this room! Not too bad! (makes me wish that they sold paint in half gallon sizes)   

Like I said earlier we settled with dill pickle (because I was scared of color) But I have to say I LOVE this color!!! It's bright but not over powering (the bottom pic shows the color best) and it goes really well with the bright yellow and browns I have in my kitchen. I couldn't be more happy with the outcome! Now I'm just looking for the perfect curtains to tie everything together. 
So my over all conclusion is that I love Benjamin Moore Aura so much that I will not be going back to the cheap stuff again! Why spend more time painting than you have too?  I urge you next time you need/want to paint to give Aura a try you will not be disappointed! 

****Update: since painting I have had the opportunity to scrub my freshly painted walls thanks to my 19mo old. she loves to color and has decided that it needed more color lol. Not only with crayon but with concord  grape juice.... I have to say that both the crayon and juice came off with minimal effort and the paint still looks perfect! 

Did I mention being a BzzAgent means #IGotItFree!!

2 comments:

Angie's Angle said...

Wonderful. I love how it turned out!! Especially around the cabinets. <3

leticia said...

I love it!!!!