Background

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure

I was very excited to be a part of  Influenster's Holiday VoxBox this year. It's my second one I love these! It's a great way to try things out before you buy them, and a great way for the company to get the word out about there products 
From imPRESS: 
Introducing imPress Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails, the revolutionary way to apply polish! Featuring advanced nail technology, you can get a salon-perfect manicure in seconds – simply peel off, press on, and you're done. There's no drying, a killer shine and a manicure that lasts up to a week! And, imPress is so easy to remove, you can change it up to match your mood as often as you want. Check out all 36 colors and patterns, including trendy brights, classic darks and animal prints. With imPress, your nails will always be your best accessory.

imPress Manicure retails for $5.99 for colors and $7.99 for patterns, and is available at CVS, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, KMart, Walgreens, Walmart and more. For a full list of online and in-store retailers, visit imPress where you can download an exclusive coupon and virtually try on all the colors and patterns!

You go through them and see what nails fit your nail beds. I have very deep nail beds so They are pretty short  on me which I would have liked them to be a little longer but they still look almost natural. Then you use the provided alcohol prep pad to remove all the oils on your nails so the adhesive will stick better and longer. 
They go on really easy, There's a small tab attached to the back that covers the adhesive that easily peels off and you just press them to your nails.
 They are very light so you don't really feel them, but I know there on so I have been a little more careful with my fingers making sure not to tear things open with my nails and making sure I angle my fingers just enough to use the pads if my fingers. But they have made it through the first day. I cooked dinner and washed dishes (quite a few by hand) and there still on. Which from reading other reviews about them coming off in the first 30 min. is more than I expected. They are very pretty and make my hands look like I just got a manicure which I LOVE. So even if they do fall off (one looks a little loose) I'll glue it back on.
The only thing I don't really like is They son't sit completely even with my nails

Here you can see underneath (kinda) where they have gaps
And here's a good pic of how they don't go all the way to the edge of my nail beds. But you can't expect them to be perfect because everyone's fingers are different. I will  keep reusing these (with nail glue) for as long as I can
 I'll update in about a week with how they holdup There only supposed to stay on up to a week
  imPress

3 comments:

Angie's Angle said...

Nice :) I am not huge on fake nails, but these sound interesting. It seems like its the first thing everyone is putting on (after chewing the gum lol)

Nila & Tim said...

Oh I was into the gum first thing. I was trying to hide it from my son who quickly found it.... But I will blog about it tomorrow :)

frugalmommieof2 said...

I have never had luck with fake nails fitting perfectly, but they don't look bad.