Background

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

UNREAL Candy Review

I was given the oppertunity to try out UNREAL candy though BzzAgent. I was pretty excited to try these out as I am with almost anything I get to try FOR FREE! 

I was sent on free product coupon and 5 B1G1 coupons. I picked them up at CVS after searching many stores for them with no luck. (they are at CVS and Staples right now but will soon be in over 30,000 stores in the coming months) 
I was really especially excited to try these because they are "unjunked"
From the website: 
 Nicky and Adam developed UNREAL™’s mantra:  “Unjunk™!”  Corn syrup?  Out.  Partially hydrogenated oils?  Out.  GMOs?  Out.  Artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives?  Out. Reduced sugar by over 40% per serving on average?  Check. They also decided key ingredients needed to be responsibly sourced, supporting farming communities and preventing destruction of the rain forests. All ingredients needed to be non GMO.  Dairy needed to come from pasture raised cows with no antibiotics or added hormones.  Why?  Because it’s the right thing to do for people and the planet. They had to figure out how to keep it fresh on shelves without artificial preservatives.  

Sounds like they would taste horrible right?!  But no there great! 
UNREAL 8 was the first one I tried I was pleasantly surprised with it's rich but not overly sweet flavor and texture. To me it tasted the same as the other brand but not as sweet (a plus in my book)

And see! It even looks the same! 
UNREAL 5 Now this one was pretty good but to me the flavor wasn't quite right. But it was still pretty good. 
UNREAL 77  These are my favorite! I'm huge on peanut butter cups and these were to me perfect! There were VERY close to tasting exactly like the other brand
UNREAL 41 was very good. Not overly sweet like the other brand. The only noticeable difference these have when looking at them is that they colors are not as bright and vibrant as the regular brand, and this is because they don't have artificial colors (all natural colors) Great for kids that can't have those!!


UNREAL 54 again these are very good. Just like the 41 but with peanuts!

I loved that I could eat candy with out having all the extras that I have been trying to avoid in my regular diet. I also loved that this is a candy that I can feel good about giving my kids. I can't wait for these to be out in more stores so others can discover and make better candy choices.

Now go try them for yourself and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Angie's Angle said...

I am so glad you found them! I still haven't gone to Staples to look for them & I need to use the coupons soon. I still want to try them!